Millions of people are using online meeting rooms to work from home in this global blockade. Applications like Zoom and Microsoft Teams have seen an increase in profits. Mark Zuckerberg, the owner of Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram, has not missed this opportunity either. On May 14, he announced the launch of Messenger Rooms. This new feature allows group calls and is integrated into the Facebook Messenger application. It is available for Android, iOS and desktop users. UNA Messenger The room allows you to invite 50 people at a time. Most importantly, it stands out because users, both on and off Facebook, can join a room by accessing the shared link. This independence makes it widely feasible.
Creating a Messenger Room on Android
This is how you can create a Messenger Room in the Android Messenger application:
- Open the Messenger app
- Click on the People Tab at the bottom right of the screen.
- At the top of the screen, a “Create a room” option will appear. Press that and a new room will be created.
- To invite people, click the Share link button at the bottom. In the future, you can copy the link or share it with your contacts in different applications.
Creating a Messenger Room on your desktop
You can also create a Messenger Room on your desktop by opening Facebook in a web browser. For this, you must access Messenger or download the Messenger application for Windows. However, the minimum operating system requirement for the Messenger desktop application is Windows 10)
This is how you can create a room on your desktop:
- On the Messenger tab, just above the Chats bar, click on the camera icon in the middle of the Settings and New Message icons.
- With a new room made, continue with your Facebook username.
- Wait for the call to start.
- Invite people by clicking on the View Participants button.
- Then share the link with the people you want to share the room with.
Important things to know about Messenger Rooms
- Both versions of Messenger Rooms allow you to choose whether the meeting is Facebook-only user or accessible to anyone with the link.
- Leaving a Messenger The room is like disconnecting from a call. However, if you created a room, you will need to press the End Room button to get rid of the room entirely. Consequently, it will also disable the connection of other participants.
- You can create a Messenger Space for an existing Facebook group. Doing so will automatically invite all members. In addition, the group administrator can also join and join a room despite being locked.
- Modifiable backgrounds and filters are some additional features of the application.
Facebook supports collecting only your username and certain technical information if you join a Room using the share link. Calls and room names are encrypted for added security. You can also lock a room once the call has started, therefore strangers will not be able to join later.
Messenger Rooms does not display ads and does not use audio or video to collect data. Although other less personal data, such as information on the use of the product, may be collected to inform advertisements.
Facebook plans to expand the feature to other apps like Instagram, WhatsApp, and Portal in the future to appeal to a broader audience.